Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Ahhh December…

It’s that time of year again- the annual rush to Christmas! November was so busy, I completely missed posting about anything here (and I think I’ll let it be- you know, focus on the here-and-now?)…

Santa’s Workshop is officially up and running- I made a good dent in my crafting list yesterday (five things already! In one day! Go me!), with a lot more on the horizon. But it’s fun stuff, nothing too elaborate or hard, because I wanted this season to be a bit more mellow than it’s been in the past. We had a lovely start already with our (now officially) annual trip to Disneyland:

blogdisneychristmas1

     This is Mrs. Claus greeting visitors to her country cottage cabin back up in Thunder Mountain Ranch. It’s so pretty up there at Christmas! All the Bright red bows, deep green wreaths and the brown of all the wood buildings, railings and walkways are so prefect for the Holidays!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love this trip- it sets the tone for our Holiday Season, gives us time to focus on just us, and is just a whole lotta fun! I learned a few things about my husband this year, which is amazing- after almost 19 years together with someone you start to think you know absolutely everything there is to know about them. Wrong!

But one thing stays the same:

disneydinner

We both still love this restaurant, and have to eat dinner here, or it’s just not a good trip! This is the dinning room of the Plaza Inn, just off Main Street. It’s a Victorian Gingerbread Fantasy, with wonderful views of the Castle (and the fireworks display if you sit in the front windows). And the food! Silly us, we always have the Fried Chicken, with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Seasoned Green Beans. So Good!

And now, back to reality (sigh)- but with a magickal little twist…it’s Christmas Time! Annd, since we also celebrate Yule- it’s double the fun! Wheee…so get to work you Faeries, we’ve got crafting to do!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with all of your crafting! I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete