Sunday, December 22, 2013

Winter Solstice, and a Happy Yule…

This will most likely be my last post of the year, judging by the frequency (or lack-there-of) of my posts over the last year. I’ve been slowing down a bit on my blogging- there’s not been much time to spend in this space this year. Time seem to be changing for me…

I love the Winter Solstice- it’s made a change in the way we celebrate and view Christmas (for the better, I think- it’s opened our eyes a bit.) Not a lot of people do, but that’s changing every year. So this year it’s Happy Yule! and Merry Solstice! to you and yours, and I hope to see you in the new year. Be kind to one another- be a little more forgiving, a little more thoughtful of others, and yourself. Don’t indulge as much in selfishness, hate, greed and parsimony.

And on that note- my New Years Resolution is to be more forgiving of myself, and to let myself off the hook a bit more- I’d like to not feel guilty every time I go to a mall next year, instead of making that new blouse I’d like to get. There’s crafty and self-sufficient, and then there’s crazy-knitting-sweaters-from-your-cats-hair-weirdness, you know?

Merry Solstice everyone! And Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. A belated happy new year to you too! I hope that so far, your 2014 has been most excellent.

    ReplyDelete