Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall works in progress…

I made a lot of things last month, partly to keep busy, but mostly to challenge myself and see what I can really do when I set my mind to it- kind of a dry run for a work week. It was fun, very satisfying, but really hard, too, and just like when I used to have a job outside my home, I got sick. Sigh- some things never change, do they? While I spend this week taking it easy (ha! there’s still a house to run- the dinner doesn’t make itself people! Hmm…wonder what those Faeries are up to…) here’s a peek at what I’ve been up to:

blog skirts 1

This photo actually shows three current projects, with another three symbolized, if not actually shown. I made that white skirt up from some lovely medium-weight linen I had gotten for a bag idea, but I like it as a skirt better. So much so that I’m making another two in the other pieces of linen I got for two other bag ideas I had…hmm, I sense a trend in this train of thought…

The quilt block is my new Alchemy project which I started in May. I got sidetracked this summer, so it’s sat patiently in the project shelf, inspiring me every time I look at it. My first Log Cabin, it’s all Pinks, Browns, Lavenders and Greens. Very yummy. Still some math to do before I decide how to “set” it, but the blocks themselves are coming along nicely. It was meant to be a Fall quilt so I’ve got my fingers crossed it’ll get finished in time for the really cold weather that is surely still to come…sometime.

There is a new “hipster” bag in the works up there in the photo also, a new “Minnie-the-Mouse” style for our newly annual trip to Disneyland next month. The first one went together in record time, but the second draft stalled out when I got to the flap stage, so it’s on the drafting table again for a pattern redo.

That huge basket of yarn is getting sorted regularly as I try to find the courage to start my first “real” knitting project. We’ll have to see how that goes, I keep finding other things to knit first before I start. ahem.

And interestingly enough, I am starting to begin poking at the Pixie Workshop- some ideas are sprouting already, which is just as well as I think I’m going to have to ship some things to far-away this time around. There’s an image I want to mess around with for holiday cards, too, so we’ll see how that goes as well… Unless those Faeries use up all my drawing paper making paper airplanes!!! Get outta that drawer you guys!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors for the Alchemy project. That's a great name too!

    I hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete