Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Self-Guided Tour of the Wild, Wild West…

The location for the quilt show we went to this past Saturday, Old Town Temecula, is such a fun area to visit! Full of old western buildings, lots of brickwork, and the trees! I miss trees…

It was nice to get out of our hometown for a day and just revel in another city for a change, and lucky you I took my camera and captured scenes like these:

temecula view blog

All the quilts layered over the railings and under the eaves of the buildings really made it feel like a neighborhood walk. And all those yummy plants everywhere! Not just trees, but lots of herbs and flowers everywhere, too.  You can learn a lot about a place by the amount of plants they have in their public spaces…

I love looking at the architecture of the buildings around me wherever I go- it’s so nice to be reminded that there are more than just square boxes to live in. Modern buildings today are generally geometrical shapes covered in stucco, so it’s nice when I find evidence of a skilled architect in the landscape around me:

brickwork blog

There are just a few buildings taller than two stories in the downtown area, making it easy to enjoy the mountains surrounding the area.

 

 

 

brickwork b blog  This is a close-up sample of some of the brickwork we found- gorgeous isn’t it? They even broke up the dense feel of brick by throwing in a pattern over the step area!

 

The really funny part was this whole are was only about four blocks long! We were really starting to feel like we were in a old western town that collided with a modern city for a few minutes, until we came to the Starbuck’s at the end of the block…

Iced coffee anyone? Hmm, that reminds me of a recipe I wanted to try…

No comments:

Post a Comment