Friday, September 7, 2012

It’s a September thing…

September! How I do love it’s familiar scents, sounds, colours and routines. I’ve been working hard these last couple of weeks:

DSCN1615

I tried a new idea this time around, and cut out enough fabric for 6 bags at once. It took way too long! I spent three days alone just washing, ironing and cutting it all out.

DSCN1670

This is the inside of the bags I make right now. See all those pockets? Lovely! And I am loving the colours on these. So perfect for Fall right now!

DSCN1689

I’ve made two so far- I know! Weeks of work and only two bags! But I learned a lot while making them: I tried a new process; practiced a whole new schedule; worked with an entirely new colour palette; and even gave myself a deadline! It was an eye-opening experience. And the good news is I have a whole new design worked out for something new, which I can’t wait to get started on!

And yes, that is a very patient kitty-girl waitin’ on her momma to come play up in that first picture up there. She’s been my personal assistant these last few weeks- she makes sure I don’t get sidetracked by the computer, gets me to take lunch breaks, and she even gets me up on time in the mornings! Must be all the Tuna and Kitty-Salad she’s been getting lately…

1 comment: