Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May Gray

Last month, we had enormous quantities of this:

aprilsunkitty blog

Sunbathing kitties all over the place, any time of the day- morning, noon and, partially, night, too. But now, with all this May Gray- low morning clouds- there is no sunshine. Instead, we have sleeping kitties burrowed as far back into closets, under beds, and in the darkest corners she can find. I am the only creature stirring in this house…

I am actually making stuff again! Nothing I can show you yet, though. Mother’s Day presents, a baby blanket, wearables for me, bag knitting- again, for me! I haven’t had a new dice bag in, err- um ever, it seems. No wonder I’m excited! Pictures soon- I’m waiting for the sun to come out again to get some good ones.

I don’t like to complain here, but something pretty big has come up that has been making it hard to post here, so I thought I’d lay it out for you- I’ve got two bum rotator cuffs this year that are creating havoc with my daily schedule. I’m currently in Physical Therapy, which is hard to do- but seems to be helping- so yaay for that! And remember earlier this year when I announced that I was doing this… well, apparently I am the one person who cannot get from her couch to a 5k, in any amount of time- I pulled a groin muscle in week two! Talk about anticlimactic. But that’s okay, I’ve got a plan to get me there, it will just take a bit longer. I love walking, hiking, swimming and biking, so with the summer on the horizon I’ll have plenty of time to work on my goal!

Now if I could just find my pedometer- last time I saw it, the Faeries were using it to time their chess tournaments…

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you're doing okay and that physical therapy is going well. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete