Thursday, March 17, 2011

My favorite state park

I really enjoy visiting the Old Town San Diego State Historical Park. It is so much fun to look at the various building, shops and restaurants there. But lately, I’ve started going on a more regular basis, just to look at these:

DSCN2487

Did you know there were gardens in Old Town? There are lots of plants, true, but go around the corners and follow the paths around the park and you will find these secret little gardens!

DSCN2511

There is a faerie in that picture. Bet you can’t see it! I took that picture, and one after it, and then my camera went dead. pfft! It even closed itself and turned off with no warning what-so-ever. Done, finito, off! Faeries do that when they want some privacy.

DSCN2490

The park is surrounded by many common areas, green belts, and lots of native plants gardens, which are just now starting to wake up from their long winters nap. On Wednesdays and Saturdays they have Living History Days, which is when you can find volunteers drifting through the walkways in their glorious historical gowns.

No, I don’t have a picture of one. yet. (insert stalker-ish gleeful rubbing of evil plotting hands here.)

But I do have more garden photos:

DSCN2500

I think I shall go back next week for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment